Sincere Morning


30 words by Omar (and his sons Ibraheem & Imraan)
Omar: dole, coal, sincere, derriere, quaint, faint, probable, plausible, meander, oleander
Ibraheem: chicken, cup, play-doh, stool, peanut, dinosaur, water, bottle, lego, pencil
Imraan: faint, sofa, mama, soap, second, starbucks, junk, peppermint, avocadoes, cable
 
Mail is early today, so derriere off the sofa,
Clouds are dark as coal, rain highly probable,
Seconds sorting junk mail, setting it on the stool,
I detect a quaint, faint scent of peppermint soap,
But perhaps it is just bright, colorful Play-Doh,
Love and appreciation of Ibraheem and Imraan,
Playing with Legos and dancing with dinosaurs,
Waiting for mama to come home, they are hungry,
Anxiously awaiting her famous chicken soup,
I doled out some salty peanuts to the two smiles,
Myself considering ripe avocados on the counter,
I’m fine with my cup of starbucks and bottled water,
Mail was early today, so derriere back on the sofa,
Perhaps a movie on cable, one with a plausible plot,
Or perhaps just “White Oleander,” my mind meanders,
I choose a pencil and paper instead, my life is sincere.

No comments: